FSC（Forest Stewardship Council）is an international organization which certifies the process of forest products and manages the distribution worldwide. It was founded in Canada, in October of 1993. It is headquartered in Bonn, Germany. There are 80 countries joined in all over the world. The Japan office “FSC Japan” was built in 2010.
The FSC Support Project” was started in October of 2013. The reason why we started this group is because there was a need to bridge corporate companies and consumers. We provide information to consumers from those companies that use FSC certified products. We are not only about FSC products but also we are about contributing and supporting to protect the forests.
Japan carries the largest portion of imported wood materials from other countries. If we learn how to treat the forest and use wood materials wisely, then it would change to the world, environment, society, and economy. Our FSC Support Project has been started! We would like to have your support to drive forward this educational project and responsibly.
Please like us on our Facebook page!
From the FSC Support Project staff
Please think about what you can do to protect the forests, to grow and carry on the future. We, FSC Support Project, will provide all of the forest information including activities. Let’s get together for these activities, have fun, and support the forests!
- ◆Find us on Facebook
- Our Facebook page contains FSC products, activities and many more! We are happy to have your likes on our page and posts. And share with your friends, too!
FSC Support Project
Find your country’s Facebook page
- ◆Introduction of FSC products
- We introduce the FSC products. And our supporters can post the product information on our Facebook page. Choosing FSC products shows your support about protecting forests and supporting companies. Please feel free to post any FSC products pictures on our Facebook page.
We might share your post in our Facebook page.
We introduce the products in our blog, “Product Stories”
- ◆Share our knowledge of FSC
- We collaborate with FSC Japan and WWF Japan (World Wide Fund for Nature Japan), and have PR activities. And we host events and seminars.
There are many FSC events all over the world.
We are featured in “Eco Products Expo”
- ◆Beneficial activities related to forests
- “Playing in the nature” is an important concept to us. We plan Eco tours and events with fun activities. There are unique events only Japan could have.
Tree climbing with a rope
Eco tour in FSC’s forest in Hinoharamura, Tokyo
- ◆Appeal to use FSC products at work
- IT can take us quickly into the future, but there are still many paper products we use at the office. Let’s think to use FSC certified papers for your copy machines, brochures, and packages. We suggest you to start thinking how to protect forests. We introduce case studies.
FSC logo on receipt papers
It’s a positive branding image to use FSC certified papers